It’s hard to believe that this Thursday, June 2nd will be here before we know it! We’re thrilled to welcome you, to have Sarah Hurm as our keynote speaker for our Annual Gala, and to share with you some exciting updates about what we’ve done and where we’re going!
Thursday, June 2nd, 2022
Iowa Events Center
833 5th Ave
Des Moines, IA
Emcee: Tricia Rivas
Keynote Speaker: Sarah Hurm
Doors open: 6pm
Dinner & Program: 6:30 – 8:30pm
Here are some additional logistical items:
- Parking: There is plenty of parking to the north of the convention center off 5th Avenue and Crocker Street. Cost is $10, and they take cash/credit.
- Registration & Pre-Event Social: The registration table is located in Memorial Hall, and that’s where you’ll get your name tags and any other special directions (special meal tickets, drink tickets, etc.)
All are welcome to a pre-event social at 5pm just in front of the ballroom doors, where cash bars are available.
- Handbid: As in year’s past, we’ll have a virtual silent auction on our smartphones, so download the “Handbid” app and then search for “InnerVisions”, and you’ll be ready to go for when the auction goes live on Tuesday, May 31st. We have some really fun packages again this year! (You can view the virtual auction here, but be sure to download the Handbid app ahead of time.)
- Meal & Dietary Restrictions: Prepare your palate for garlic and rosemary pork loin, but if you have special dietary restrictions, we have special meal options available. If you need this dish, please let us know ASAP.
- Special Meal: As we did last year, at the beginning of the Gala, we’ll auction off a special meal for *1 Table of 10*, with a 6oz Sirloin with Black Pepper Demi-Glace Paired with Salmon Hollandaise Sauce, Asparagus and Garlic Whipped Potatoes. If that sounds like a sensational selection, talk to your table beforehand about the highest price they’re willing to bid, and pool your funds!
- Dress Code: Somewhere between Cocktail and Semi-Formal.
- Drink Tickets: Avoid long lines and save time at the cash bars and pre-purchase your drink tickets in bunches of 10 for $100. You can make your “donation” here and cover a round of drinks (beer, wine, soda, or hard liquor) for your friends. We are *only* pre-selling these drink tickets, so do this before Wednesday, June 1st. (Otherwise, you can purchase your drink at the cash cars.) We’ll attach the drink tickets to your name tags, so be sure to “check in” at registration upon arrival.
- Sponsors and Table Patrons: If you haven’t finished filling your tables, please send us their names and then forward this message on to them.
- AfterParty: This year, two of our gala committee members, AJ Kelley and Molly Myers, have sponsored an AfterParty. (While RSVPs aren’t necessary, it does help us have an idea, so if you’re interested in attending, please let us know.) Complimentary champagne and desserts will be offered while they last.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.280.4706.