It’s hard to believe that this Thursday, June 6th will be here before we know it! We’re thrilled to welcome you, to have Melissa Ohden as our keynote speaker for our 8th Annual Gala, and to share with you some exciting updates about what we’ve done and where we’re going!
Thursday, June 6th
Holiday Inn Airport
6111 Fleur Dr
Des Moines, IA 50321
Keynote Speaker: Melissa Ohden
Doors open: 6pm
Dinner & Program: 6:30 – 8:30pm
Here are some additional logistical items:
- Parking: There is plenty of parking to the northeast of the hotel, so if the north and northwest lots are full, drive around back. The “check in” table is in at the NW entrance, though, so please make your way there to get your name tag upon arrival.
- Social: We’re offering a social for all guests at 5pm near the registration tables. We’ll have a cash bar available, too, as well as the silent auction displays.
- Handbid: As in year’s past, we’ll have a virtual silent auction on our smartphones, so download the “Handbid” app and then search for “InnerVisions”, and you’ll be ready to go for when the auction goes live on Tuesday, June 4th. We have some really fun packages again this year! (You can view the virtual auction here, but be sure to download the Handbid app ahead of time.)
- Meal & Dietary Restrictions: Prepare your palate for roast beef, but if you have special dietary restrictions, we have a meatless, gluten-free, dairy-free dish. If you need this dish, please let us know ASAP.
- Special Meal: As we did last year, at the beginning of the Gala, we’ll auction off a special meal for *1 Table of 10*, with a delicious selection of seafood hor d’oeuvresand filet mignon with Béarnaise sauce. If that sounds like a sensational selection, talk to your table beforehand about the highest price they’re willing to bid, and pool your funds!
- Dress Code: Somewhere between Cocktail and Semi-Formal.
- Drink tickets: Avoid long lines and save time at the cash bars and pre-purchase your drink tickets in bunches of 10 for $100. You can make your “donation” here and cover a round of drinks (beer, wine, soda, or hard liquor) for your friends. We are *only* pre-selling these drink tickets, so do this before Wednesday, June 5th. (Otherwise, you can purchase your drink at the cash cars.) We’ll attach the drink tickets to your name tags, so be sure to “check in” at registration upon arrival.
- Sponsors and Table Patrons: if you haven’t finished filling your tables, please send us their names and then forward this message on to them.
- Alternate Travel Route: Because of construction and road closures due to weather, not to mention rush hour, consider leaving a little extra time to arrive before the gala. Fleur is going to be rather congested, so if you can come from the south, that would be recommended.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out: email@example.com or 515.280.4706.