It’s hard to believe that Thursday, June 1st will be here before we know it! We’re thrilled to welcome you, to have Dr. Lile as our keynote speaker for our Annual Gala, and to share with you some exciting updates about what we’ve done and where we’re going!
InnerVisions Annual Gala
Thursday, June 1st, 2023
Iowa Events Center
833 5th Ave
Des Moines, IA
Emcee: Tom Joensen, JD
Keynote Speaker: Dr. William Lile, DO, FACOG
Doors open: 6:00pm
Dinner & Program: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
AfterParty: 8:30pm – 10:00pm
Here are some additional logistical items:
- Parking: There is plenty of parking to the north of the convention center off 5th Avenue and Crocker Street. Cost is $10, and they accept cash/credit.
- Registration & Pre-Event Social: The registration table is located in Memorial Hall, and that’s where you’ll get your name tags and any other special directions (special meal tickets, drink tickets, etc.). All registered guests are welcome to a pre-event social at 5pm just in front of the ballroom doors, where standard bars with credit card purchase are available.
- Handbid: As in year’s past, we’ll have a virtual silent auction, sponsored by Confluence Brewing, on our smartphones, so download the “Handbid” app and then search for “InnerVisions”, and you’ll be ready to go for when the auction goes live the morning of Tuesday, May 30th. We have some really fun packages again this year! (You can view the virtual auction here, but be sure to download the Handbid app ahead of time.)
- Meal & Dietary Restrictions: Prepare your palate for a Cuban Pork Loin (which is already gluten free), but if you have special dietary restrictions, we have special meal options available. If you need this dish, please let us know ASAP.
- Special Steak Meal: At the beginning of the Gala, we’ll auction off a special meal for *1 Table of 10*. It will be a select meat prepared especially for you, with some other bells and whistles. If that sounds like a sensational selection, talk to your table beforehand about the highest price they’re willing to bid, and pool your funds!
Here’s the menu:
Jumbo Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon with Bloody Mary Cocktail Sauce
Greek Salad – Delicate Mixed Greens, Baby Tomatoes, Roasted Sweet Peppers, and Kalamata Olives topped with Feta Cheese served with Balsamic Vinaigrette or Ranch
6 oz. Filet with Whiskey Demi Glace Paired with Sundried Tomato Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus
House Baked Rolls with Whipped Butter
Bananas Foster with a special twist!
Red and White Wine
Avoid lines with table side drink service with your personal attendant!
- Dress Code: Somewhere between Cocktail and Semi-Formal.
- Cashless: The Iowa Events Center recently transitioned to a cashless facility to amplify their guest experience for any food and beverage purchase. They will continue to accept all major credit/debit payment services.
- Drink Tickets: Avoid long lines and save time at the standard bars and pre-purchase your drink tickets in bunches of 10 for $100. You can make your “donation” here and cover a round of drinks (beer, wine, soda, or hard liquor) for your friends. We *only* pre-sell these drink tickets, so do this before Wednesday, May 31st. (Otherwise, you can purchase your drink at the standard bars with credit card purchase.) We’ll attach the drink tickets to your name tags, so be sure to “check in” at registration upon arrival.
- Sponsors and Table Patrons: If you haven’t finished filling your tables, please send us their names and then forward this message on to them.
- AfterParty: Continuing a tradition we started last year, we will have an AfterParty beginning after the gala ends, and goes until 10pm. Complimentary champagne and sweet and savory desserts will be offered while they last.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out: email@example.com or 515.280.4706.