It’s hard to believe that this Thursday, June 3rd will be here before we know it! We’re thrilled to welcome you, to have Benjamin Watson as our keynote speaker for our 10th Annual Gala, and to share with you some exciting updates about what we’ve done and where we’re going!
Thursday, June 3rd, 2021
Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center
833 5th Ave
Des Moines, IA
Emcee: Dr. Gary Rosberg
Keynote Speaker: Benjamin Watson
Doors open: 6pm
Dinner & Program: 6:30 – 8:30pm
Here are some additional logistical items:
- Parking: There is plenty of parking to the north of the convention center.
- Social: We’re offering a social for all guests at 5pm in the atrium just outside of the Ballroom. We’ll have a cash bar available, too, as well as the silent auction displays.
- Handbid: As in year’s past, we’ll have a virtual silent auction on our smartphones, so download the “Handbid” app and then search for “InnerVisions”, and you’ll be ready to go for when the auction goes live on Tuesday, June 1st. We have some really fun packages again this year! (You can view the virtual auction here, but be sure to download the Handbid app ahead of time.)
- Meal & Dietary Restrictions: Prepare your palate for pork loin, but if you have special dietary restrictions, we have a meatless, gluten-free, dairy-free dish. If you need this dish, please let us know ASAP.
- Special Meal: As we did last year, at the beginning of the Gala, we’ll auction off a special meal for *1 Table of 10*, with a Sirloin with Roasted Garlic Rosemary Glace paired with two Herb-Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Garlic Whipped Potatoes and Broccolini. If that sounds like a sensational selection, talk to your table beforehand about the highest price they’re willing to bid, and pool your funds!
- Dress Code: Somewhere between Cocktail and Semi-Formal.
- Drink tickets: Avoid long lines and save time at the cash bars and pre-purchase your drink tickets in bunches of 10 for $100. You can make your “donation” here and cover a round of drinks (beer, wine, soda, or hard liquor) for your friends. We are *only* pre-selling these drink tickets, so do this before Wednesday, June 2nd. (Otherwise, you can purchase your drink at the cash cars.) We’ll attach the drink tickets to your name tags, so be sure to “check in” at registration upon arrival.
- Sponsors and Table Patrons: if you haven’t finished filling your tables, please send us their names and then forward this message on to them.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.280.4706.